- This event has passed.
Upcoming BodyMantra Classes
May 2 @ 10:30 am - June 27 @ 12:00 pm
All BodyMantra classes are currently suspended due to containment efforts with COVID-19. Please sign up for our newsletter, follow our blog, or follow us on Facebook to receive updates in the upcoming days.
Registration for BodyMantra classes in May & June 2020 will open at 9:00am on Thursday, April 23. As always, please honor our registration policies:
- In the spirit of fairness to our large community and the limited size of the studio, we ask that everyone sign up only for classes that you know you are able to attend. This allows us to have a reasonable refund/cancellation policy.
- Refunds will only be given for cancellations made 48 hours in advance of class start time. Please email us directly to cancel (no calls or texts please!). Exceptions are illness & emergency, though we ask that you notify us no later than 8:00am the morning of any given class in order to receive a refund.
- Online registration will not be available after 9:00am on the day of any given class–please show up in person after that. Check current space availability in above before coming. CASH or CHECK ONLY AT THE DOOR.
- Doors to class close promptly at 10:30am to preserve the sacred nature of the practice. No exceptions, even if you’ve registered in advance online.
- Class marked as sold out? Email us with a phone number for texting to be put on a waitlist.
- No more than two registrations per person per class. If you are signing up for a friend, please indicate their name in the Notes section of checkout.
- Registration opens in two-month blocks (i.e. we open registration for Jul/Aug in late June). Join our local mailing list to receive notifications when registration is about to open.
BodyMantra blends barefoot movement, stillness, guided meditation, and world music as a practice and pathway leading to greater self-awareness and understanding. BodyMantra guides us to unlock the intricate stories rooted in our bodies, so that we are able to connect to ourselves more consciously. Through movement, participants are encouraged to attune to their bodies, with the intention of cultivating a sharper sense of what the body needs at any given moment. As we develop this relationship to the physical body and its nuances, we inherently develop the same with all aspects of ourselves. This is where the practice really begins; as we listen for the deep, inner voice of the True Self that speaks through the body, we cultivate discernment, equanimity, groundedness, and compassion that can serve us on our life path.
There are very few rules binding this practice, as participants are encouraged to discover their own, authentic movement expression; we provide guides and tools during each experience that are intended to enrich and strengthen the practice. Be prepared to laugh, cry, groove, spin wildly, sit in silence, witness others, meet new friends, and welcome the unexpected. This is the journey of BodyMantra—moving the body to go beyond the body.