I’m a big believer in getting help from others – reaching out for support when you’re stuck, overwhelmed or feeling downright lost. Not to mention the times when you’re cruising along and just want a little extra insight to keep you moving in the right direction.
That’s what one-on-one time with me is about: targeted, meaningful, productive and loving support.
Whatever has spurred you to come to this page on my website, consider bringing it into a series of private sessions with me. We’ll step right up to your fears, concerns, questions, curiosity, and hope … together.
I work primarily on a project basis, knowing that contained, targeted time together is the best way to manifest breakthrough. However, if you want a quick shot of focused time with me, or want a taste of what a 3-month journey might feel like, I have a limited number of single sessions available.
For people in the Boulder area, I offer a few office hours per week (Monday and Wednesday afternoons) to provide focused, hands-on energy work.
That said, I still perform energy work and embodiment coaching when we work online. Here’s what people say about working with me remotely:
“At first I doubted whether an online session with Kimberly would be effective, having physically been on her table countless times over the years. But it turns out that she is able to connect heart-to-heart through the ether in a way that is nothing short of miraculous.”
“Everything I love about Kimberly comes through loud and clear over Zoom. Her endless empathy, meaningful listening style, way with words, unearthly wisdom, ability to ask the tough questions from a place of true care and kindness, and unrivaled knack for getting to the real heart of it (which, to be honest, was equally painful and beautiful!). Plus virtual sessions are ultra convenient.”
The 3-month Journey
With nearly 20 years of one-on-one work under my belt, I’ve come to learn a lot about what structures best support people that are doing the serious work of soul searching and initiating great change in their lives. This 3-month journey takes the best of those structures and puts them into action.
We will choose a set time every two weeks to connect face-to-face so that we are creating consistency. This interval gives you time in between our sessions to integrate, reflect and see how new practices play out in your everyday life. If sessions are closer together, it can get overwhelming and lead to paralysis. If sessions are further apart, we lose contact and I find that people often “check out” of the process. This is why I choose to work in the bi-weekly sweet spot.
It’s A Physical Thing
My work is about connecting and aligning your spiritual and physical experiences. Inevitably, when something in our life is “out of whack,” there are associated physical symptoms: headaches, insomnia, problems with digestion, regular feelings of discomfort or upset, immune system weakness, disease, mental fogginess… just to name a few. We will take a good look at how your body is handling (or not) what is going on in your life. We will help you to develop a level of body awareness that will contribute to your overall healing and breakthrough.
This word gets a bad rap. I’m on a mission to change that. Because what we are doing together does require work – at home, on your own. But it doesn’t have to be the enemy. Our homework is intended to help you develop good habits around changing behavior, thought patterns and choice-making in your life. Sometimes the homework will feel easy and exhilarating. Sometimes it will feel hard and confusing. The point is that you need to put one foot in front of the other with intention and consistency in order for things to change. This is an essential part of our work together. In order for you to see and feel results, you will have to be engaged throughout the 3 months, rather than just when we are together for our sessions.
Locals Only: Body-based Work
One of my clients refers to me as the “energetic Rolfer.” The idea being that I am able to get into and work with the deep, hidden, cellular-level structures of the energetic body and orchestrate lasting change. My primary tools are Reiki (energy work) and subtle manual work. My touch is gentle, though potent, and I will always involve you in the process by sharing specifics of what your body is manifesting and why. The work involves you lying on a massage table – much like when you receive traditional bodywork. *Please note that I do not provide what you might call “traditional bodywork services.” While my work does involve touch, I move the physical body through energy work, rather than deep, manual manipulation.
This work is for you if you are:
- Needing support to move through a tough time in your life
- Wanting to bring better communication to your primary relationships
- Seeking insight and direction about your purpose and path in life
- Interested in taking a good look at your unhealthy patterns of behavior and how you can change them
- Motivated to take responsibility for your own process and progress
- Ready to take 3 months to immerse yourself in a new way of approaching your life
This work is not for you if you are:
- Seeking on-going talk therapy
- Looking for someone to be a “yes person” or to “fix” things for you
- Unwilling to engage in the necessary process of homework in between our sessions
Not sure if it’s right for you?
- Take a look around my website to get a feel for me and my point of view
- Consider a Single Session as an intro to my work (you’ll receive a discount if you decide to step into a 3-month journey with me)
- Read the FAQs about working with me
- Read what other people have to say about working with me
The cost: $925
- Six one-hour Skype, phone or in person sessions, bi-weekly
- Targeted, personalized homework designed to help you take action and initiate change
60 minutes (online or in person)
The cost: $165
This is your chance to bring one burning question forward and for us to meet it head-on. I’ll encourage you to email me before our session with an overview of what you want to address so that we can hit the ground running. I use the same principles in my single session work as I do for my 3-month journeys – read about that here.
FAQs : Working with Kimberly
How does your work differ from on-going therapy?
When you work with me, I ask that you choose a particular intention that acts as a touchstone for all of our work, including homework and communication in between sessions. In short, your specific goals, intentions and desires act as the fuel source for our time together; they will help to keep us focused, energized and active in our inquiry. I’m also a big believer that working with a timeline – 3 months, in this case – breeds tremendous focus, commitment and potential for your greatest transformation.
In contrast, while on-going therapy encourages self inquiry, it can lack the structure that helps you to stay engaged and fired up on your journey; I have found that this can unintentionally lead to stagnation, complacency and loss of focus.
Is a 3-month option my only choice for working with you regularly?
No. You are always welcome to come in on a less regular basis through my Single Session offerings.
And, I am happy for people to come back for multiple 3-month stints over time. However, I will encourage you to take time in between 3-month journeys to put our work into play on your own – even if that is for just a few weeks’ time. This will be different for every person and we’ll talk about what is best for you.
I’m not sure how to define a focus for our sessions. Can you give me an idea of what we might work on together?
I refer to my work as intention-based. I like the word intention because it is broad and gives a lot of room for interpretation, while still implying a sense of focus and action.
Some intentions for our work might be:
- Identifying and breaking old patterns of behavior
- Working with specific emotional content that is present in your life at the moment: fear, grief, confusion, anger
- Addressing a specific desire or longing that you have – something that you want to create or attract in your life (new job, partner, friendships, community, creativity, sense of purpose)
- Building better communication skills with others
- Developing a better understanding of how you repress/suppress challenging emotional content in your body and how to unlock that
- Learning more about your tendencies to unconsciously undermine your sense of inner power and strength and how to shift those choices
- Attending to any major life transition (moving, marriage, death, divorce, leaving a relationship, starting a relationship, changing jobs, starting school, ending school)
- Understanding how your blood family and ancestry have affected your development and taking steps to embrace or let go of certain aspects of your heritage
- Developing a more conscious connection to your body
- Attending your trauma responses by identifying their source and teaching your mind and body how to respond differently
Can I pay in installments?
Yes. If the lump sum payment doesn’t work for you, you may pay in two (2) installments of $510 each. Installments must be paid prior to our first and fourth sessions.
If I feel like I don’t get what I expected after working with you, can I get a refund?
Due to the nature of this work – which is impossible to measure objectively – I do not provide the opportunity for refunds. Please take some time to read what others have to say about working with me to understand the quality and effectiveness of what I do.
That said, I do provide the offer of a single, focused session with me before you commit to a 3-month journey so that you can get a sense of me and how I work. If it feels like a fit for you, you’ll receive a $75 discount when you sign up for a 3-month journey.